USD$ deposits and withdrawals.
USA Licensed and Regulated
First crypto exchange to charter a US bank.
|Visit Kraken Read Review
Credit / Debit
New User Friendly
USA's largest exchange
Buy and sell BTC, ETH and LTC
|Visit Coinbase Read Review
Licensed by New York State Department of Financial Services
Fiat to Crypto and Crypto to Fiat
Regulated, Licensed and Trustworthy
|Visit Gemini Read Review
ACH Bank Transfer
Buy bitcoin on a "set-it-and-forget-it" schedule.
Withdraw yourself or auto-withdraw at a predetermined amount.
One off "smash buy" is available.
|Join Swan Read Review
Credit Card (Visa/MC)
Easiest way to buy bitcoin with a credit card.
Serves almost all countries.
|Visit CoinMama Read Review
Bank Transfer / SEPA
Quick, Easy way to buy or sell.
Margin Trading (no USA)
Guaranteed Stop Loss Orders
|Visit CEX Read Review
Credit Card (Visa/MC)
Europe's Most Popular BTC Exchange
Buy and Sell Fast and Easy
|Visit BitPanda Read Review
Decent interest rates for those looking to save their crypto for a bit.
Loans available with collateral.
Simple, easy to navigate and see all services right up front.
|Visit Ledn Read Review
Welcome to Best Bitcoin Exchange.
My name is Jason and I have been into bitcoin since 2014. I am building BestBitcoinExchange.com to share knowledge of how and where to buy bitcoin safely and securely. Guides that anyone can follow to buy and hold hold it securely and how to spend, trade and use bitcoin as you wish. I cover topics like safest bitcoin wallets, legit bitcoin broker reviews and a growing number of ‘how-to’ guides covering many different aspects of crypto. In every article I will do my best to answer the question with a ‘best’ option for you to consider, as well as alternatives. Many times there are multiple quality choices depending on your personal circumstances.
Here are some of my latest helpful articles:
- My Personal Bitcoin Setup
- Best Wallets By Type – 2023 Update
- NFT’s 101 – Non-Fungible Tokens for Dummies and err….. You!
How To Choose The Best Exchange For You
Use our top lists, reviews and comparison charts to see how and what each exchange offers. Compare the details, fee’s, requirements and products offered at the various exchanges we cover.
- Type of exchange
- Geographic restrictions and availability
- Deposit and withdrawal methods
- How it works
- Trading platform/service features
- Speed of purchase
- Exchange rates and fees
- Supported cryptocurrencies
- Regulatory licenses and Fiat ExchangesKYC compliance
- Red flags and warning signs
Why are Bitcoin Prices Different?
The price of bitcoin is different at different places. There is not one set price. Depending on how you want to buy bitcoin and how much you want to buy can influence your exchange rate and how much you get for your money.
In short, it is possible to buy bitcoin cheaper at some places.
At the exchanges we list here, prices are generally within a few percentage points of one another.
However if you are using a credit card to buy bitcoin then your price will be higher than if you are transferring money from your bank account to an exchange and then trading on the marketplace.
Why is credit card more expensive? Because of ease, speed and verification levels are all different and all influence the prices that sellers will trade at.
A bit of price difference is normal.
A huge price difference should raise red flags. If you find the price of bitcoin somewhere that is way cheaper or way more expensive then proceed with extreme caution.
What exactly is a Bitcoin Exchange?
You can buy and sell bitcoin with normal money like $$ USD or Euro’s. And you can trade it for Ethereum, Cardano and hundreds upon hundreds more of crypto currencies. In addition to that there are services out there where you can exchange gift cards, cash and even paypal for bitcoin. Depending on what you want to do will help determine the top rated exchange is for you.
Main Types of Crypto Exchanges
- Regulated Fiat Exchanges – These exchanges take currency like the $USD and let you buy bitcoin with it. These are the most regulated and safest way to trade into bitcoin and out of bitcoin into dollars for new investors
- Bitcoin Trading Platforms – These are the best way to buy bitcoin cheapest. They are similar to forex where you buy and sell on an open exchange. If you are investing a larger amount of money into bitcoin and or looking profit from trading bitcoin then an exchange will give you your best prices. You will have to verify your account and follow all KYC rules. You can trade with leverage, access futures trading and margin trading are all possibilities at the leading exchanges.
- Bitcoin Brokers – a place to buy bitcoin from a company. Best for people wanting bitcoin fast and who want to buy with a credit card or paypal with as little hassle as possible. You buy bitcoin from a company directly, not dealing with trades or individual sellers. In general you will pay more than you would if you bought at an exchange, however you can get your bitcoin fast, easy and on credit.
- Bitcoin P2P Marketplaces – a person to person marketplace managed online. This service joins buyers and sellers for a fee and they provide security for both sides of the deal by acting like an escrow. The P2P marketplaces are best for people who want privacy, cash transactions and to buy bitcoin fast.
In addition to type of exchange, they are also classified as centralized (owned by some entity/corporation) or decentralized where the trades happen outside of a central third party and involve users trading with one another. Which type of exchange you should use depends on your personal situation. We review each of these styles and help you find the best one for you.
Crypto Currency Trading Platforms – Our Best of List
For the best exchange rates you should buy bitcoin on an exchange. We compare the best bitcoin trading platforms as well as show the latest price of BTC from different exchanges in an easy to read chart.
These exchanges are trading platforms designed to help you buy, sell and trade bitcoin. Using these platforms ensures you get the best exchange rates, especially compared when you just buy it from a broker or third party.
You can trade into USD, EUR or many other currencies using their trading platform. These exchanges are best for people who want to buy or sell large quantities of bitcoin or who just want to trade the markets and try to make profit.
Legit Bitcoin Brokers – Where & How to Buy Bitcoin Instantly
Buy bitcoin fast, safe and secure.
There are a short but growing list of legit places to buy bitcoin instantly. Here are the best places to buy bitcoin with a credit card, cash deposit, gift cards and in some cases, paypal.
- Coinbase – The largest entry point into crypto currency in the USA. Buy your first $100 worth of bitcoin or ethereum here and get $10 free bitcoin. Use a credit card or hook your bank account up. USA, Canada, Mexico and Europe. They are also one of the sister sites to our USA fiat exchanges, where you can turn bitcoin back into USD and get it in your bank account.
Learn more about where to buy bitcoin fast with my growing guide.
P2P Marketplace – Peer-2-Peer
What is the best bitcoin p2p exchange?
The peer-2-peer or person-2-person marketplaces are best for people who want to buy bitcoin from another person privately. You can buy bitcoin for cash from someone local doing the deal however you see fit with the help of a site like Localbitcoins.com. You will pay a bit of a premium but you can quickly get bitcoin privately.
- Localbitcoins.com – buy bitcoins using LocalBitcoins as escrow for the transaction. Best for someone who wants to privately buy bitcoin from someone else locally. Learn more.
- Bitquick – buy bitcoin with cash in three hours or less. Deposit $ into a bank account and get BTC sent to you within 3 hours max. Is bitquick legit?
- LocalMonero.co – this is like localbitcoin but for monero, a privacy centric crypto.
- Paxful – buy bitcoin with paypal or dozens of gift cards from sellers around the world. Best for people who want to buy BTC with virtually anything (Amazon cards, Starbucks and 25+ other cards) With a simple and intuitive interface.
You can learn how bitcoin p2p exchanges and marketplaces work here with my guide.
There have been a lot of scams in the world of bitcoin. People have lost millions of dollars worth of bitcoins over the years. You can learn more about famous bitcoin scams and heists over the years in my soon to be published scam timeline and links page.
You should not make a deposit into a bitcoin exchange without doing your due diligence. Research the broker you are interested in.
Google their name with modifiers like ‘scam’ and ‘ripoff’ and ‘user reviews’. Find real information and know what you are getting into.
With that in mind, help us keep track of today’s best overall exchange for you by commenting and rating the exchange on our site.
Reputation – You Must Be Able To Trust Your BTC Exchange
Bitcoin exchanges are hubs of activity and money in the bitcoin world. This fact makes them targets for thieves, scammers and fraudsters alike.
There have been hacks, scams, frauds and out right theft. I want you to avoid the scams and use the legit btc exchanges, brokers and even find the best crypto casinos and buying services.
Bitcoin trading by itself should be considered ultra-high risk investments. You have the huge volatility of the alt-coin markets in addition to having to find an exchange that works for you and will treat your fairly.
We are in the “wild west” days of the crypto exchange world.
Don’t get burned. Trading with a reputable exchange is paramount.
First you should feel comfortable that when you withdraw your funds you will get paid.
Having a reputation of timely payouts, responsive customer support, and accurate dealings is vital.
Especially when we look at the historical nature of bitcoin exchanges. If you haven’t heard of the Mt. Gox fiasco where millions of dollars worth of BTC were stolen. Or Cryptsy that went under and took all the coins with them. Trading crypto currencies is risky by itself. When you mix in a less than reputable exchange the risk increases exponentially.
Even if you trust your exchange it is still best practice to secure your bitcoin in your own personal wallet with private keys that you own. You can see my guide on how to safely secure your bitcoin for how to’s.
Pro tip: Never keep your balance on an exchange longer than you have to. Instead withdraw it to a wallet where you control the private keys. I recommend getting a Trezor as a hardware wallet for ease of use and security.
Scams – Red Flags & Warnings Signs To Watch Out For
Welcome to the exchange asylum, it’s a jungle out there! I highly recommend you carefully watch out for that tree with your George Washington’s! Avoid the exchanges that show signs of danger, have legit scam complaints or a overwhelming horrible reputation.
At the bottom of our reviews you can find a place where other real people have left comments and ratings. Read through those to help you make an informed decision. Do keep in mind that honest user reviews are overwhelmingly negative in nature. People are way more likely to leave a negative review than a positive one.
Getting Started If You Just Want to Buy Bitcoin Now
I’ve written a more in-depth how to buy bitcoin for the first time guide as well as reviewed most of the buying services listed. If you want my first time bitcoin buyers guide that is written specifically for new users then I highly recommend reading this page. I cover the steps you need to do to make sure you are set up to properly buy and eventually sell bitcoin.
Get started with your first bitcoin by choosing from one of the legit bitcoin exchanges listed and read through our growing selection of how to guides. You can learn more about us and our mission here.